Tuesday, October 12, 2010

yesterday gerlynn knew i was stuck at home with granny, so she offered to come over and hang out for a while since she didn't have school too. i was having a really bad morning so she witnessed my puffy cry-eyes and helped me feel all better by serving me mcdonalds apple pie. apple pie is a happy food.

"it's lunch time! how can you not eat?! arent you hungry?!"

"i ate sadness. =("

"aiyoh!"

we came back and watched a movie and talked and then she accompanied me to the hair salon to-- CHOP OFF MY HAIR. yes, i bid my locks farewell on monday. it's not extremely short, but a considerable bunch of hair is gone. gerlynn was patient and kind and waited for a long time. tanks! i have good friends who longsufferingly accompany me at hair salons. geil was with me when i permed my hair last year, whopping 4 hours. should award her a medal for that.

after i got my haircut i walked her to the mrt station and we said our byes. before that we saw tim crossing the road some distance away, coming home from camp. i jumped up and down and waved both hands high in the air while crossing and he completely ignored me and shook his head. gerlynn renounced our friendship too.

mommy's on MC for a bad skin problem until weds, btw.

today i got up and helped mom with mama's dialysis prep. after sending her off, i left for boiling bishan. well, technically the whole of singapore is boiling these days. we were supposed to watch a movie in 3D but the disk or the player was wonky so we gave up and watched the non-3D version. bummer. talked and nua-ed for a while and left very punctually for home, to carry the wheelchair down from the 6th floor when mama came back.

i have just gotten my dose of henry golding's sculpture-like face and charismatic accent. i'm happy. the episode was about melaka so mama paid special attention and continuously gave a commentary on the footage, since it's her hometown. she was delighted to see the peranakan house and the guy in the kebaya, although she didn't know he was a guy. it just occured to me that peranakans have drag queens too. ew.

i'm gonna bathe now. today was nice.



No comments: