Tuesday, February 01, 2011

at around 1, gerlynn came by my place to see bran and watch pride and prejudice, but the plans we had finally gotten going were put to a very abrupt halt by a call. my aunt was crying on the phone telling me she was coming to pick me up to rush to hospital. she'd gotten a call from my uncle, whom the doctor had told to see my grandma immediately. apparently her BP was diving fast. it was time. it seemed to be time.

i glared at the table and agreed to go down hastily. i glared at gerlynn to signal that something was wrong. then i hung up and vomited out a string of words, the best explanation i could come up with at that point in time.

"i need to change. what to wear?!"
"anything!"

she helped me tidy our little mess while i changed into the most comfortable apparel i could grab. i found her in the kitchen washing her cup.

"what to do?!" i could only manage pre-school phrases.
"GO PACK YOUR BAG!"
"oh ya! my bag. i need a bag!"

when i caught my head and fixed it on right a little later, i called my dad. i called my brother. i answered a call from my mother. and i waited for the car, deliberating at the same time, whether i should have gerlynn come along or not. we decided that she'd come by later by train.

my dad came home in a hurry and took my aunt's car with her and me. i thought about the phrase bye bye and i teared up profusely in the car.

my mother and uncle's family were there when we arrived. tim came by shortly after. i cried alot. my grandma looked like she was barely there, and that poked skewers through my heart.

hours passed, and her BP rose a little. she was so weak but she was still hanging on, by a thread, by a strand from a thread. it is a very strong strand, because up till now it is still intact and she is still hanging on to it.

ger and sher scurried together to my rescue, or rather to my support. they were alright with just waiting downstairs so as to be closer to me, but they managed to come up in the end. they brought with them and their support: funny stories of how they got lost and entered through exits, sweets, chips, jackets, and lots of warm presence. thanks, girls.

BJ and family came by too. my gran showed the greatest response to BJ. she lit up and pointed at him when she saw him, and began groaning in complaint, probably about how lousy she was feeling. she used to always complain to him everytime she saw him. about getting old and how it stinks. since she could not articulate anymore she just groaned, for a long time.

tim left with my aunt and cousin, my uncle and family left, BJ and family left, and at around 7pm the girls and i left. my parents came home last, after seeing that my gran was somewhat stable and staying the night would not be wise.

when i got home matthias poi was in the dining area, playing the piano nonchalantly in his army uniform, tim by his side.

"BOO!" he greeted me. more cute than scary.

i was in all my unglam, ratty state. and i was sporting a headache from the long, odious train ride. i washed up, lay down on the sofa, and talked to gerlynn on the phone until it became almost diva-ishthat i was ignoring the guest and the brother. i decided to hang up and socialize a little with the boy boys. we chatted until he had to leave at 11 plus.

now i am tired. so sleep i shall.

"i dunno what to expect." i told roy over msn.

"the worst." he said plainly.

i will not fault him for speaking the truth. i hope mama is comfortable.

No comments: