Wednesday, November 29, 2006

hullo hullo i'm back and loving it. china was great. =) i'm so lazy to post details but i'll try. last night my aunt, my two cousins, and i left beijing at 11+/12 and took out 6 hour flight to home sweet home. seriously, i love singapore .. the cleanliness and orderliness! THE MOISTURE. :D reached singapore at around 6+ and saw my mommy and daddy waiting for me there. AW. that was my trip home. now lets see, what else can i recall from the days before. [bear with my random and disorderly thoughts]

manicure was horrible the second time around. disaster. all the nail stuff peeled off. =(

got to show my bargaining skills. initially i just bargained for myself but in the end i helped my aunt too. they quote 100 you say 20. in the end they will settle for 25. IT'S FUN. when you start to walk away they'll go, hao ba hao ba wo bang ni bao qi lai ba. cannot let them take advantage lah, cannot. the girls at those accessory shops we were shopping at sid i was a gentle bargainer. yalah, no need to shout whad. just smile and quote your price, say, na jiu bu yong jing la zhen de tai gui le. xie ni la. =) and walk away, then they'll ask you to come back and sell it at your price. TRY IT. like a game. hahar. so i bought some earrings and three special rings. :)

ah, one funny thing on the way to beijing [28th]. this stewardess told me to put the leg rest up and then she said, your son too. [shockified and frowny-faced.] me: my son? stew: not your son? sorry about that. me: cousin. stew: sorry about that. sorry about that. ah, i just tell myself its my height.

sat an electric bus to carrefour! and to the zoo. all i can say is, i love the singapore zoo. at the zoo there were three spcial shows just for us! one fox pooping, one panda pooping, and one white tiger pooping. maybe the weather stimulates the bowels? :D

tell you ah, when te china ppl spit they can aim zhun zhun one ohkay. throughout the trip i have observed maybe hundreds of ppl spitting [didn't observe intentionally. it just happens eveywhere you turn.] and their mouths become guns of phlegm when they spit. very scary very yucky. *shivers*

air in beijing is very bad. polluted cause of the costruction and traffic and, i dunno, burning of coals? anyway, everyday you can catch relatives digging their noses intensely because of all the dirt you collect through the day. AND there's so much side smoke from those smokers! AH! but the air was good at tai an an especially on the mountain taishan.

food there? hmm, quite okay. we ate mostly at restaurants. the fisrt day i didn't wanna eat cause the food was plain weird, all mushrooms and fungi. the rest of the days were okay. i only avoided the toufu, which is smelly, it comes out smelling the same way it did when it went in. MAN. one of the days we had dinner at a korean BBQ restaurant! that was joy. seriously, it was delicious and cheaper than singapore AND i got to say anyonhaseyo to someone who really understood what it meant. yeahh.. another day we went to eat pizza hut. everything was the same lah, BUT CHEEPER. :) got to down two glasses of ice capichino. 2 LEH! we also ate macdonals twice because it's near to the shopping center we shopped at alot. have i mentioned the rice there is different? it's fatter and stickier, something like japanese rice. and they don't eat rice regularly. i think most of the time they just eat the dishes without any rice. so, before we left the airport there, my aunt's friend gave us a good KFC meal. the KFC there has some other stuff, like egg tarts and funny coleslaw.

the weather in beijing was dry, no rain. temperature were 4-6 degs, and my bro came home today [sunday] telling me it was 1-minus 0 degs now. my skin suffered abit as my face peeled and my lips were dry. the skin on my thigh too was peeling. my hands were fine. at taishan it was subzero and very fun. i rate that mountain worse than lombong. yes, i do. at least there's waterfalls on lombong to stop you from going crazy. oh well.

will post more as the thoughts come to me.

No comments: