Saturday, March 17, 2007

how did the teens conference go yesterday? i shall briefly summarize the order of events.

timmy went real early while i woke up late and awaited bJohnny's transport. he called and said,"taxi's here!" and i felt abit bad, haha, that his van was kinda like my FREE taxi. thanks to bJohnny for painstakingly fetching people here and there! anyway, he fetched me and sis. yunli and went to telipok, where we met timmy and jacob, whom timmy dragged there early. daphne brought a bunch of friends, two guys and a girl, and jieyi brought caifa. hao chuan & ying liang came later. bJohnny planned 6 mini-lessons, each about 30-45 mins with breaks in between, all about one central theme -- the next step. lots of teens are going into new schools and institutions OR the army, so this conference was catered to that need. everyone was going through a transition except -- me. well, i was turning 15 lah, does tt count? [haha] so in between lessons we all got to talk abit. during one break, bJohnny had to go out and buy fishballs so some of us made salad for the dinner later and played uno. then the final two lessons started again when bJohnny returned. in between the final two lessons mr. tianlong told me he was coming for a while, so i met him at SSC to make sure he didn't get lost. he gave me a book for my birthday. =) after the last lesson he and another girl left and the rest of us stayed on for the dinner and prayer meeting and BBQ to come. we played uno until dinner, ate dinner, and the prayer meeting started. the message for the prayed meeting was from psalm 90, the birthday chapter, and my name was frequently mentioned. [but i don't mind. :)] prayed with jieyi about some things bothering us. :) aunty janet came with lucky and gave me presents from herself and tim. i got --- a decorative piece and a box of design pencils! [yayyayyay] i got cards and a necklace from the tans too! the cake cutting process was done during the BBQ and we all went home after a long longg day.

I HAVE NO PICS so anybody who does, pleeese send them to me.

sis. yunli also gave me a very early present a few weeks ago ... a bracelet. :)

No comments: