Friday, October 20, 2006

thank God it's raining! hopeully it'll wash down some haze. [tt sounded abit dumb] was looking out the window and remembered one scene years ago when we were still living at yishun st. 81. i think it was hazy and raining too, just like now, only thing the rain was much heavier. anyway, tim and i would follow our neighbour down to play every now and then. as i said it was long long ago .. think i was pri. 1 or 2. so some other crazy yishun kids would bring their bikes down to cycle at the void deck, knowing that eventually someone was gonna lead everyone into the rain. the myth of the year was acid rain. acid rain was real, but not our acid rain. we thought acid rain was ACID and pure acid, fullstop, coming down from the sky. it's deadly. just another warped fact we concluded from a partial viewing of the news. if it touched us we'd theoretically melt and become green goo. AT LEAST THAT WAS WHAT I THOUGHT LAH, OK? so one by one they cycled out and back in and daring other people to acidify themselves and their bikes. after a while i stuck my hand out too, only to pull it back, check if my skin was dissolving, and smell the deadly rain just out of curiosity.

ignorance is fearful, people. bliss my foot.

anyway, i love the rain...

going early to bro. Dan's house to make some dessert for the pot luck later. sis. Suwei is into trying to make me go out and explore more and enjoy my youth and experience things and go to exhibitions and learn trades and start pasam malam stores and, oh so many more things she thinks i need to do. she conversed with me about it over lunch too, casually. she said, "education is about more than just your paces(my schoolbooks). "... etc. MANY MANY ppl say that and more to me, and it kind of makes me wonder why they feel like they needed to say that in the first place. sometimes people, young and old, see some things or hear some things and think they have a totally factual idea about how i live everyday as a homeschooler, eg: laze around all day. no chinese=hate chinese and don value roots. no physical fitness. no friends. unsociable. stuck up because they think they know it all. ETC. yes, that is called judging, and it is not fair to me. furthermore, if you think that way about me, i wonder what kind of a person you are.

so people, i desporately plead. if you have any of those idas about me or timmy please get to know us before you fix in your mind a preconcieved or untrue picture of the lee siblings.

No comments: